Information and guidelines on the presentation of poster abstracts
SUBMISSIONS FOR POSTER ABSTRACTS IS NOW CLOSED
2. Presentation Format: all accepted abstracts will be presented as POSTER only
3. Deadline for abstract submission is extended until FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2017.
4. All submitted abstracts will be sent for review and evaluation by the scientific committee and selected based on merit and originality.
5. Notification of acceptance or rejection will be made electronically to the presenting author on or before Monday, February 27, 2017.
Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting your abstract. Proposals not conforming to these guidelines will be returned.
• Poster topics should correspond with any area of tobacco control such as: cessation, taxes, publicity, promotion and sponsorship, Framework Convention on Tobacco Control, among others.
• Abstracts must be written and presented in English, Spanish or Portuguese, and contain no more than 250 words.
• The material submitted must be original and may not be presented or published elsewhere.
• Submission of an abstract constitutes the author´s intent to present the abstract as accepted at the 5th Latin American and Caribbean Conference Tobacco or Health on June 13-16, 2017 in Montevideo, Uruguay.
• Presenting author must register for the conference by January 27, 2017 and is responsible for his/her own registration, transportation and expenses. Author may present request for scholarship separately.
Register or apply for a scholarship at the following link: www.tabacoosaludlac.org/2017/registrations
The scholarship application will be closed March 31.
Those who have requested scholarships that are under study will be informed, an answer will be given before April 28.
All the scholarships that are being evaluated are to cover accommodation and passages. NO scholarships for registration fees.
• The abstract must present a clear and concise summary of the work including: Title, Authors (indicate institution of each author), Introduction, Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
• Standard abbreviations may be used in the text of the abstract. On first use the full term should be spelled out with the abbreviation in parenthesis.
• The presenting author´s name should be underlined and affiliation of each author is necessary.
• If accepted, poster should be 90cm wide and 1.50 m high, formatted as portrait (vertical) and be displayed on the day and time mentioned in the notification of acceptance.
The Scientific Committee will evaluate the abstracts based on the following criteria:
• Description clarity and internal coherence.
• Knowledge transfer and subject originality.
• Adequate methodology for the objectives of the work.